Net Hole Size 1" & now available in 1.5".
Holds up to 1 flake of hay. (Depending on hay type)
Perfect small & transportable bag for the easy keeping miniature horses, goats, sheep & mini donkeys.
- Not just saving you time but keeping them content without the risk of ulcers, colic & cribbing.
Before You Order, Please Note:
- All horses need to start with loose hay in addition to the nets for the first few days, when introducing the slow feeding method.
- We like to see all horses start with 1.5 inch netting, as this size allows your horses to graze easily from the net, the needed requirements for an average horse without too much frustration. If after some time your horse is well accustomed to the 1.5 inch hole and is now getting through his or her hay fairly fast and is on the heavy side, this is the only time we suggest or recommend a 1 inch net hole size, as this will slow down the consumption of hay to a slower rate. Ponies and minis do very well right away with the 1 inch netting.
- All bags do not need to be filled to their full capacity & can be left loose on ground if there is no shod or horned animal.
- We have many customers that do not use hay nets or round bale nets all summer. Please remember you must feed some loose hay for a period of time when you reintroduce the NAG Bag - when you see them leaving the loose hay you know it has been properly accepted, especially when beginning to use the nets in these colder times. This even needs to be carried out if your horse has had this system last year or last month.
- Remember that starving a horse out with only a flake of hay in the AM and PM is not going to help them loose weight! It only causes stress, ulcers and may cause other habits that form with this feeding practice. It’s the hay that needs to be corrected. Then it can be fed all day 24/7 and you will see many changes physically and emotionally!
All of our nets come with a matching repair twine
(Just as a good sweater comes with a spare button!)
HOLE SIZE 1" HOLDS 1 TO 2 FLAKES OF HAY. PERFECT SMALL & TRANSPORTABLE BAG FOR THE EASY KEEPING MINIATURE HORSES, GOATS, SHEEP & MINI DONKEYS. Not just saving you time but keeping them content without the risk of ulcers, colic & cribbing.
NAG Bag- Mini BagHOLE SIZE 1" HOLDS 1 TO 2 FLAKES OF HAY. PERFECT SMALL & TRA...
NAG Bag's - Mi...HOLE SIZE 1" HOLDS 1 TO 2 FLAKES OF HAY. PERFECT SMALL & TRA...
Hanging the N....How to hang your N.A.G. Bag slow feeding hay net with creator ...
Posted by Unknown on 15th Mar 2017
This bag fits 1 flake which is perfect for my ponies on diets to have a late night snack
MY MINIS AND I LOVE THEIR MINI BAGS
Posted by FT COLLINS, CO on 5th Jan 2016
IT IS SO NICE TO HAVE MY MINIS NIBBLING ALL DAY INSTEAD OF EATING ALL THEIR HAY IN AN HOUR :)
consider the size ratio
Posted by Unknown on 24th Nov 2015
In purchasing the hay bag, consider the size of the hay sandwiches in relation to the bag. Although we bought 1" mini , there is only a small rim of netting that actually expands to 1". The rest is gathered for the top and bottom of the bag and the 1" openings are compressed. I am not sure if we can remove other loose hay since they can only access a small amount of the bagged feed. However, the alpacas are using it so time will tell how much waste is controlled.
Posted by Annick on 11th Nov 2015
Conseillé par mon vétérinaire, j'ai acheté ce produit pour ralentir la prise de foin de mes deux chevaux miniatures. L'un étant devenu obèse très rapidement, sans que nous l'ayons vraiment vu venir. Ils se sont habitué très rapidement, presque instantanément. J'adore. Aussi aucun gaspille de foin. Tout est mangé. Merci!
Transport aussi très efficace et rapide, quatre jours ouvrable au Québec. Super!!!!
Finally found my mini bags
Posted by Russell on 25th Aug 2015
Just started today to slow feed my poneys. They adopted the min bag immediatly. Finally no more waste and fast eating. They were occupied all day eating instead of just a few hours. The nets look sturdy. I was worried at firts that they would find the hole small...buy they understood quickly how this works. Thanks for creating these, they will help me solve the obesity on my poneys.
Best Regards, Russell from Québec Canada.